You can take a picture (screenshot) or record a video of your phone’s screen. After you capture your screen, you can view, edit, and share the image or video.
Take a screenshot
- Open the screen that you want to capture.
- Depending on your phone:
- Press the Power and Volume down buttons at the same time.
- If that doesn’t work, press and hold the Power button for a few seconds. Then tap Screenshot.
- If neither of these work, go to your phone manufacturer’s support site for help.
- At the bottom left, you’ll find a preview of your screenshot. On some phones, at the top of the screen, you’ll find Screenshot capture .
Find, share & edit your screenshot
Tip: If you don’t have the Photos app, you’re likely running an older Android version. Open your phone’s Gallery app and tap Album view Screenshots folder.
Record your phone screen
Find screen recordings
- Edit photos with the Photos app
- Find things in photos with the Photos app
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?